Challenger Space Center
- Explore the stars, feel what it is like to be in a space shuttle and learn about the space program at this unique center
- Phone: (623) 322-2001/ Website: www.azchallenger.org
- Located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, this multi-purpose cultural facility can house major Broadway productions as well as local and regional performance companies
- Phone: (602) 534-5600/ Website: www.phoenix.gov/STAGES
Herberger Theater Center
- Houses two theaters (seating 815 and 350) and is home to the Arizona Theatre Company, the Actors Theatre of Phoenix, and the Center Dance Ensemble
- Phone: (602) 254-7399/ Website: www.herbergertheater.org
- The completely different Dodge Theater promises to change the way you think about live entertainment
- Phone: (602) 379-2800
- Catch the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team play while in the comfort of a closed, air-conditioned ball park, or even rent out the pool with you and a group of your friends
- Phone: (602) 514-8400, (888) 777-4664/ Website: Arizona Diamondbacks Website
Cerreta Candy Company
- Tour Phoenix’s 70-year-old family owned and operated candy company and see how their products are made.
- Phone: (623) 930-1000/ Website: www.cerreta.com
Stuffington Bear Factory
- Visit one of the last remaining stuffed animal factories in the United States and make your own stuffed animal
- Phone: (602) 225-9513/ Website: www.stuffington.com
Tortilla Flat, Arizona
- A historic Old Western Town (population 6) where visitors can find a gift store, an ice cream/candy store, a restaurant and saloon.
- Phone: (480) 984-1776/ Website: www.tortillaflataz.com
Local Lakes and the River
- Arizona’s scenic canyon lakes and waterways offer spectacular desert views. Saguaro Lake, the Salt River and Lake Pleasant are within one hour of Phoenix; each one provides an opportunity for water sports and some rest and relaxation.
- Self-paddle a 2 person Funyak behind one of the guided rafts for hands on excitement.
- Phone: (480) 998-RAFT/ Website: www.desertvoyagers.com
More Phoenix Information
For more information on Phoenix, have a look at About Phoenix
.Information is also available at: www.visitphoenix.com
More Things to Do