Pet Friendly Hotels and Resorts in the Southwest
Firesky Resort, Scottsdale, AZ - Patio and courtyard guest rooms, arrival treat, including Bosco's Brew (a pet-friendly beer), gourmet doggie treats, a top-quality chew toy and a a logo leash. Includes use of their desert doggie bed and water bowl during your stay. (unreviewed)
W Hotel Scottsdaleb- Chef-prepared in-room dining, nightly turndown service and “doga” are just a few of the over-the-top pet perks available at W Scottsdale Hotel From check-in to check-out, pets are treated to all the comforts of home, and then some, with the regular yappy hours, single mix and mingle events and more. (unreviewed)
Aloft Hotel, Tempe, AZ - Aloft hotels are different. They are designed to be hip, efficient, wired and eco-friendly. They offer convenience at a reasonable price. You will find very little paper at Aloft Hotels and considerable self-service opportunities through their high tech kiosks and monitors. And, Aloft Tempe is very kid and dog friendly. They have a special wing off the lobby for pets and their owners.
Rancho Jacona Near Santa Fe, New Mexico - Rancho Jacona Santa Fe is animal friendly. As a Santa Fe pet friendly - dog friendly hotel accommodation for 3 day stays or more, they welcome many four leggeds, feathered and slow moving pets. They are not a hotel that is Santa Fe dog friendly, they are more than a hotel - lots of space for the dogs to play. Fenced pastures as dog play grounds. (unreviewed)
La Fonda on the Plaza - Santa Fe – La Fonda on the Plaza is now welcoming dogs – accompanied by their owners, of course - and the hotel has designated 14 rooms on the first floor for guests with dogs less than 40lbs.
Buffalo Thunder Resort - North of Santa Fe you will find the Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino. It's a Hilton property. Jack the Bulldog, who writes his own travel blog, tells me that it is dog friendly. There is a charge, $50 he thinks, per stay if you bring a pet. Be sure and inquire before you make a reservation. Jack said they gave him dog treats when he checked in and offered him a hotel dog bed!
Santa Fe, in general, is very dog-friendly. There are parks, pet parks and lots of walking trails.
Dallas, Texas is going to the dogs with new pet-friendly amenities at the Hotel Palomar.
Travel with Dogs Articles and Websites
- Pet-Friendly Hotel Chains
- How to Travel with Your Dog
- The Dog Travel Company - Full service dog travel club for those wanting to travel with their dogs. Follow them on twitter for a running list of articles and deals. Did you know your dog could sit next to you on your next flight or railway trip?
- Dog Friendly Travel Guide - From outdoor dining with dogs to dog-friendly beaches, this guide will open your eyes to the potential of traveling with your dog.
- How to Bring Pets to a Bed & Breakfast Inn
- Camping with Pets Pet Friendly Travel - Go Pet Friendly has user reviews, destinations and pet gear.
- Pet Airways - a pet only flying service
- Pet Parks in the Phoenix Area - Great listing with photos of pet parks in the greater Phoenix, AZ area. Did you know that Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport has a pet park?
- New Mexico Dog Parks
- Albuquerque Dog Parks
- Colorado Dog Parks
Cruising with Your Dog - Cunard is the only major cruise line which allows pets. Most passengers on board Cunard's Queen Mary 2 are unaware that on Deck 12, there's a luxury kennel with space for 12 dogs and cats.
Advice from Readers
From our About Breast Cancer writer: "When we travel w dogs, we stay at LaQuinta or RedRoof and bring dog's water + food bowls + fav blankie."