- Adventurous Escapes for Spring
- Monthly Event and Destination Calendars
- Southwest Destinations for Summer
Adventurous Escapes for Spring
Like an occasional adrenaline rush? Then pay attention. Here are the best places to get your heart pumping in the Southwest region of the country.
- Horseback Riding in the Grand Canyon
- Trekking the Sandia Peak Tramway
- Fishing in Colorado
- Whitewater Rafting in Utah
- Hiking in Arizona
Monthly Event and Destination Calendars
Each month there is something special going on in the Southwest. We bring you some of the greatest sports events, festivals and holiday destinations each month. Some are major events and some are little-known gems but all will add to your Southwest experience.
Southwest Destinations for Summer
You can find cool places in the desert or head for the high country. Here are some great suggestions for summer getaways in the Southwest.
- Keep Cool in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon Railway - Relax in Luxury On Your Way to the Grand Canyon
- Top Things to Enjoy in Santa Fe
- Santa Fe's August Indian Market
- Enjoy the Wildflowers and Wildflower Festivals in Colorado
- Enjoy a Traditional 4th of July in the Southwest
- Experience the Culture and the Color at Intertribal in Gallup
- Houseboat on Lake Powell or Float Down the Colorado
- Enjoy the Cool Kartchner Caverns In Arizona
Fall in the Southwest
The aspens are golden and Sedona's Oak Creek is lined with color. It's a great time for balloon festivals, wine tasting, hiking and attending Fall festivals.
- Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
- Chile Roasts and Festivals in New Mexico
- Finding Fall Color
- Touring and Tasting Wine in Southern Arizona
- Hiking the Sedona Back Country
- Wine Tasting and Adventuring in Sedona, Arizona
- Hike the Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon
- Marvel at the Wonders of Zion
Winter Wonders in the Southwest
Winter is usually a time when visitors flock to the Southwest for sunshine, golf and outdoor recreation. Still others seek quality recreation opportunities in the snow. Here's some ideas for your visit to the six southwest states.
- Starr Pass Resort - Golf and Saguaros
- Rancho de Los Caballeros - Historic Guest Ranch
- Brian Head, Utah - Snowmobiling
- Taos, New Mexico - Ski and Hostel
- Santa Fe, New Mexico - Santa Fe Style Exhibit
- Yuma, Arizona - Sun and History
- Quartzsite, Arizona - Desert Gathering
- Brownsville, Texas - Charro Days
Christmas and Winter Holidays
You'll never forget Christmas at the Grand Canyon or the glowing farolitos in old Santa Fe. We bring you warm and wonderful experiences for the winter holiday season. The Southwest has some very unique events and celebrations. Pine cone drop for New Year's anyone?
- Santa Fe, New Mexico - Making Special Holiday Memories
- Winter Holidays at the Grand Canyon
- New Year's Celebrations in the Southwest
- The Light Celebrations of the Southwest