Bellagio Fountain Wows Visitors to Las Vegas
You never know what you will see when you follow a Las Vegas local down a back corridor at the Bellagio Hotel. We came upon a marvelous, scrumptious contraption at the Jean-Philippe Patisserie. What we saw was amazing - a glass-encased 27 foot high chocolate fountain with 2,100 pounds of melted flowing chocolate to tempt us.
World Class Chocolate
The patisserie claims the following chocolaty statistics:
- World's tallest and largest volume chocolate fountain
- White, medium and dark confectionary grade chocolate
- Designed by Montreal artist Michel Mailhot
- 6 pumps circulate close to 2 tons of chocolate
- Over 500 feet of stainless steel piping
- Chocolate circulates at 120 degrees F
- Climate controlled enclosure maintained at 95 degrees F
- Chocolate rises 27 vertical feet from lower level pump room
- 6 ceiling spouts disburse chocolate 14 feet above floor level
- Chocolate cascades into 25 hand-crafted artistic glass vessels
- 2 years of engineering, planning and design
At first I thought it was all done with mirrors, but on closer inspection I found that the fountain was indeed 27 feet high. I was entranced. Those whose appetites are whetted for a chocolate fix can purchase pastries and candy at the beautiful patisserie counter.
We photographed the beauty of this fountain in action. Have a look at our photo gallery. Enjoy!
When You Go
Location: The patisserie is located inside the Spa Tower near the Bellagio conservatory
Hours: Open daily from 7 am - 11 pm
Address: Bellagio Hotel and Casino, 3600 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89109.